Benjamin Franklin Plumbing provides comprehensive sink repair service. Sinks are comprised of a basin, a drain, and faucets and in many instances, disposals. Sinks are made of many different materials.
Some of the more popular styles include, but are not limited to:
- Stainless steel is commonly used in kitchens and commercial applications because of the benefit between cost, usability, durability, and ease of cleaning. Stainless steel sinks will not be damaged by hot or cold objects and resist damage from impacts. One downside of stainless steel is that they tend to be noisier than other sinks, because they are made of thin metal.
- Enamel, Ceramic – Enamel, over cast iron or steel, is a popular material for kitchen and bathroom sinks. Heavy and durable, these sinks can also be manufactured in a very wide range of shapes and colors. Like stainless steel, they are very resistant to hot or cold objects, but they can be damaged by sharp impacts – and once the glass surface is breached, the underlying cast iron has a tendency to corrode. Aggressive cleaning will dull the surface, leading to more dirt accumulation. Ceramic sinks possess many of the same qualities as enamel, but without the risk of surface damage leading to corrosion.
- Plastic – Plastic sinks are generally inexpensive sinks, and are simply injection-molded thermoplastics. These are often deep, free-standing sinks used in laundry rooms and subject to damage by hot or sharp objects. High-end acrylic drop-in (lowered into the countertop) and under mounted (attached from the bottom) sinks are popular, and may also be made to form “solid surface” countertops. These sinks are durable, attractive, and can often be molded with an integrated countertop or joined to a separate countertop in a seamless fashion. These sinks are subject to damage by hot objects but damaged areas can sometimes be sanded-down to expose undamaged material.
- Stone – Stone sinks have been used for most of recorded history. Some of the more popular stones that are suitable for us, include; Marble, Travertine, Onyx and Granite.
- Glass, Copper, Concrete and Terrazzo – Glass, concrete, and terrazzo sinks are usually designed for their aesthetic appeal and can be obtained in a wide variety of unusual shapes and colors such as floral shapes. Concrete and terrazzo are occasionally used in very-heavy-duty applications, such as janitorial sinks.
- At Benjamin Franklin Plumbing we can help you decide on which style of sink best fits your needs, and provide prompt sink repair service in the event you need it.
Call us today at (402) 704-8059 or use the request service form to schedule an appointment.
Same Day Services Available
We respect your time. That’s why we guarantee prompt, professional plumbing service.
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
We offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee backed by expertly trained plumbers.
We inform our customers up-front how much their repair will cost so there are no surprises down the road.
24/7 Emergency Services
24/7 emergency service is available and a live technician is always on call ready to help.
Plumbers You Can Trust
All of our plumbers are background checked and drug tested.
If Any Delay, It's You We Pay. ®*
We provide a guarantee that pays the customer $5 for every minute we’re late.
“Mark was incredibly knowledgeable and very good at his job!”- Jake O.
“John K. did a home inspection and I was very pleased with his knowledge, courtesy, and honest feedback on all my questions and concerns. I would definitely recommend him and Ben Franklin!”- Dave E.
“Joe was on time & quickly assessed the situation to determine where the leak was. He got the problem taken care of quickly. I will ask for him again when I need a plumber.”- Marla H. S.